Contact: Mr D Mumford, Teacher of Business
The vast majority of people will end up working in a business. This course will give you a basic grounding in business terminology and practices; from employee rights and responsibilities to managing money.
What will it be like:
The course aims to -
- Actively engage students in the study of local and national businesses and to develop them as effective and independent learners, reflective thinkers with enquiring minds.
- Allow students to develop and apply their business knowledge, understanding and skills to contemporary issues in a range of local, national and global contexts.
Areas of study will include:
- Business ownership, aims and objectives
- Ethical business
- Organisation structures
- Communication between functional areas
- Employees – their rights and responsibilities
- Financial documents
60% of the course is assessed internally (coursework)
40% of the course is assessed externally through a one hour examination.
Beyond Year 11:
You can also study Business or Business & Economics at AS / A Level. As well as a vast amount of degree courses (Marketing, Accounting, Economics and Business).