Examination Results day 2016
Results for all external exams will be available to collect from the school between 9.30am and 11.30am on Thursday 24th August 2017.
Results must be collected by the student in person, or by a parent or friend who presents signed authorisation from the student. Results cannot be provided over the phone.
Candidates who do not collect their results will receive notification through the normal post.
The school will provide a summary of Year 11 results for publication in the County Press. Students who do not wish their name to appear should advise the exams officer by the end of the Summer term.
In order to give this day the importance it deserves and to celebrate the achievements of our students, we have arranged the day as follows:
1. Everyone to arrive for 9.30am and go straight to the Theatre via the dining hall entrance at the front of the school
2. There will be a short presentation in the Theatre
3. Results will be given out to students after the Theatre presentation
4. Staff will be available during the morning to give advice and guidance
5. Refreshments will be available during the morning (including ice cream)
Enquiries about results
In rare cases, a department may wish to query a student’s result or request a re-mark of an exam paper. In these circumstances the student will be contacted and permission will be requested before the enquiry is made. This is because, if reviewed, a student’s mark may go up but could go down. Where a department has requested an enquiry, the department will bear the cost.
Students may also instigate enquiries about their own results and in these circumstances will be charged for the enquiry. The services the student may request are:
- A copy of an exam paper
- A clerical check (a check that all the marks on a paper have been added correctly)
- A review of marking (the paper will be re-marked by a senior examiner)
If a paper is subject to a clerical check or a review of marking and as a result the student’s grade increases, no fee will be charged.
More detail regarding these services and the fees payable will be issued on results day.
Exams office opening hours:
Closed from Friday 21st July
Open 09:30 – 11:30 on Thursday 24th August for results
Open 09:30 – 11:30 on Friday 25th August for enquiries about results
Normal school hours from Monday 4th September