Information Advice and Guidance –Medina College
A planned programme of Careers Education and Guidance at Medina College form an essential part of the curriculum at each key stage.
Students from Year 7 onwards have the opportunity to take part in a variety of Career related activities supporting them with decision making for the future.
The Careers team is available to support students and give guidance throughout. We are located in the ‘hub’ (bottom of the library) and hold a variety of resources that students can access daily, this included application forms, prospectuses for further and higher education establishments, apprenticeship material, computer resources and job files.
Career focused activities in each academic year include: (this is not an exhaustive list)
- Year 10 Work Experience
- CHIP’s Work Experience (Careers in Healthcare Induction Programme)
- Careers Roadshow (aimed at Year 11, 12 & 13 students)
- Year 7 Introduction to Careers and interactive game
- Year 8 ‘Making Choices’
- Year 9 Take Your Child to Work Day
- Parent and Student Information Evenings
- Mock Interviews
- Attendance at Year 10 & 11 Parents Evenings and Year 8/9 Options Evenings
- 1-1 Careers Interviews (aimed at mainly Year 11)*
- University Taster Days
- Speaker Weeks (variety of guest speakers visiting to talk to students)
- Employer and Trust Partner Engagement
Career Companion and Resource Companion are independent and impartial careers resources which are easy to use, enabling students to make well informed decisions about their future.
To access these sites please click an image below.
*Careers Interviews are offered to all Year 11 students to support them with decision making and moving forward. Parents are invited to attend the interview and gain resources/materials relevant to what is discussed.
We believe in offering impartial guidance based on what is right for the individual.
Mrs Naomi Smy - named Careers Leader