The dates for the privilege seat application window for academic year 2018 have been finalised. Should you wish to apply for a privilege seat for your child to use the school bus service you will need to apply between 9am on Monday 9 July 2018 and 5pm on Friday 20 July 2018 for children in school years 0 – 11, only. You will not be able to apply for privilege seats for sixth form students (school years 12 – 14) at this time. Please note that the eform will only be live between the above times and that applications received outside of this window will not be accepted.
Please bear in mind that this is the only window before the start of the academic year 2018 so if you wish for your child to be considered for a seat you will need to make an application during this 1st window.
Further information on the privilege seat process can be found online, here:
https://www.iwight.com/Council/OtherServices/School-Transport/Privilege-Seat-on-School-Transport. Please also note the FAQ’s, Code of Good Practice and Ticket Terms and Conditions sections available via the this webpage.
If you scroll to the bottom of the above webpage you will see the bus services for which you can apply. Should the service you require not be listed you will not be able to apply for that service at this time.
Do bear in mind that making an application for a privilege seat does not guarantee a seat on the school bus. Privilege seat ticket prices are increasing from September and prices are set costs as follows.
- Up to a full term £130.00
- Up to half term £65.00
Important Changes to Note
- There will only be one application window before September 2018. If you do not apply during this window we cannot consider your child for a seat.
- The ticket cost is increasing from £95 per term to £130 per term.
- You will no longer be able to apply for an AM or PM only ticket.
- There will be a strict payment deadline for making payment. Should you miss this deadline, the seat offered to your child will be offered to the next child on the waiting list (should one exist) or your application will be cancelled.
- Once applications have been processed by the Transport Team you will be able to see the status of your application online as well as make payment without having to contact the Council.
Please find the orignal Document attached below